Monday, March 18, 2024

Saturday, March 16, 2024 (A victorious failure in academic life)

Anticipation filled the air as I awaited the results of my Secondary School Certificate (SSC) examination in November. Having performed well in the pre-test examination, numerous classmates and I were optimistic about my success. Rumors circulated that nine students, including myself, had passed. Despite the promising signs, my confidence waned when, just twenty minutes before the official announcement, I received confirmation of my failure. The revelation left me stunned and disheartened. Despite clinging to hope until the last moment, the reality was stark—I had not succeeded. The subsequent feelings of frustration and disappointment were overwhelming.

That day marked a low point in my academic journey. Despite facing repeated failures, I refused to be deterred. Indeed, each setback served as fuel for my determination to persevere.

In the last seven years, it was the first time I dared to hope for success in all subjects. Despite the outcome, I never viewed it as a failure.


No comments:

Post a Comment