Monday, August 5, 2024

Monday, August 05, 2024 (An Unthinkable Victory: The End of a Dictator's Reign)

It is an unbelievable day for the nation as Sheikh Hasina, the dictator who controlled the media, law enforcement agencies, and legal system, has just fled from Bangladesh. As a result, people have revived democracy and are celebrating the victory. It is a hard slap to the face of an arrogant fascist ruler.

This morning, I was very sad to find out that they had turned off the internet. I was worried about the students, as the police had killed many during the last internet shutdown. I was deeply disappointed, but the whole nation became joyful upon hearing that she had fled the country.

I went to TSC and Shahid Minar to join the celebrations, and I saw that everyone on the streets was very happy and openly raising their voices, something that had been missing from our country. I am 30 years old and have never been able to vote with my own consent. I just hope for a future where I can raise my voice without fear.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment